On this page you will learn how to install the MSP Challenge on your computer using 2 options: the installer or the ZIP file.
MSP Challenge client installation
Please note that the MSP Challenge client is a Windows-only application developed in Unity, for Windows 10 specifically.
You can either install the client through the installer, or manually through the ZIP file.
For more information about how to actually use the MSP Challenge client, please consult the tutorial videos about connecting to an MSP Challenge server and using all the software features.
Option 1: using the installer
- You will need to have administrator privileges / installation rights on your computer to use the installer.
- Simply run the downloaded installer file and complete the Wizard.
- Afterwards, you'll be able to start the MSP Challenge client through the shortcut added to your Start menu and/or Desktop (depending on your chosen options during installation).
Option 2: using the ZIP file
- You won't need to have administrator privileges / installation rights on your computer for this option.
- Open the ZIP file and move the 'MSP Challenge' folder it contains to your Desktop or a folder in My Documents if you prefer.
- Open the 'MSP Challenge' folder (wherever you put it - Desktop, My Documents, ...) and double-click on the 'MSP Challenge' shortcut to run the client.
- Windows (Defender) SmartScreen might warn you not to open an unrecognised application downloaded from the internet such as this one (see screenshot). You'll have to ignore any such warning to continue: Click on 'More info' and 'Run anyway'.
MSP Challenge server installation