Terms & Conditions MSP Challenge Board Game
USER AGREEMENT MSP CHALLENGE BOARD GAME
Version 1.0 – date 30-01-2020
Definition of terms
- MSP Challenge board game – The original game concept, the design and physical artefact that can be identified as MSP Challenge board game through its naming, styling, logos, icons, production materials or otherwise.
- MSP Challenge board game edition – a customized version of the original MSP Challenge board game concept that can clearly be identified for instance through institutional logo(s), naming or language commonly developed for a legal entity and / or for a specific purpose and / or sea basin area.
- MSP Challenge board game copy – a physical reproduction of one of the MSP Challenge board game editions.
- MSP Challenge board game owner – an legal entity that rightfully owns an edition or copy of the MSP Challenge board game.
- MSP Challenge board game user – a person or organization that is responsible for, or in any other way in charge of the organization of a MSP Challenge board game session with players.
- Third party – External contract party of an owner or user of the MSP Challenge board game edition or copy.
- Congratulations! You have purchased an edition or copy of the © MSP Challenge Board Game.
- Alternatively you have an edition or copy of the MSP Challenge board game on loan from an institution that is the rightful owner of an MSP Challenge board game edition.
- Ownership and use of the MSP Challenge board game edition or copy comes with certain rights and responsibilities that the IP holders require all owners and users of that MSP Challenge board game edition or copy, to uphold.
- By purchasing or using an MSP Challenge board game copy or any of the materials that belong to it, you agree with the principles of the MSP Challenge Initiative as stated on the MSP Challenge website (www.mspchallenge.info).
- You have a right to own and/or use the MSP Challenge edition or copy under the following conditions.
- All copyrights to the MSP Challenge board game apply. No parts of the MSP Challenge may be reproduced, changed or resold without written permission of the copyright owners.
- Owners and users of an MSP Challenge board game edition or copy, acknowledge in their communications, that THE MSP CHALLENGE BOARD GAME [edition name] has been designed and produced after an original concept by LODEWIJK ABSPOEL and XANDER KEIJSER (MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT, THE NETHERLANDS), IGOR MAYER (SIGNATURE GAMES), and LINDA VAN VEEN (LINDA VAN VEEN DESIGN).
- Owners and users use the above acknowledgment, or similar phrasing, in their official publications and formal communications.
- The owners and users acknowledge and respect that the MSP Challenge is a not-for profit, societally responsible and community-based initiative, and therefore act accordingly when they use the MSP Challenge board game.
- Owners and users of an MSP Challenge board game edition or copy acknowledge and respect in the use of the MSP Challenge board game that it has been developed to promote and communicate sustainable development of the marine ecology, marine environment and maritime economy in sea basin areas around the world, as agreed for instance in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and SDG 14, Life Below Water in particular.
- Owners of the MSP Challenge board game edition are encouraged to temporarily give out their copy on loan to third parties in their region or network, In particular when third parties are societal, public or educational organizations.
- Owners or users of a MSP Challenge board game edition or copy are not allowed to commercialize – i.e., make a profit – from the MSP Challenge Board Game product itself. It is not allowed to (re-)sell a copy of the board game and-or to charge users with a (license) fee only for the right to use the MSP Challenge game product.
- The provision of commercial services or charging for work hours at a commercial rate by an owner or user of the board game to third parties, such as for the organization or moderation of a game sessions, providing training, support or advise with the game, is not in any way restricted or limited by this user agreement.
- Owners and users of the board game pro-actively and periodically inform the MSP Challenge IP holders and the community of users about the use of the board game and experiences.
- Owners and users of the board game pro-actively work with the community of users to improve and disseminate the use of the board game, and agree to support others in the improvement and use of the board game.
- The MSP Challenge initiative or any of the persons involved cannot be held responsible or liable for any damage or loss that can occur with the board game or the use of it.
- The MSP Challenge initiative has the right to communicate about MSP Challenge editions, copies users and sessions for general public relation purposes.
- The MSP Challenge initiative upholds relevant EU regulations concerning privacy and data security.