As explained on the Configurations page, any MSP Challenge edition is configurable to fit your own requirements. The best way to do this is by editing the basic configuration file of a particular edition.
The "Digitwin Noordzee' edition has a basic configuration with the following main parameters:
- Start date January 2020, end date January 2050
- So each of the standard four eras covers 7,5 years:
- Era 1: Jan 2020 - Jun 2027
- Era 2: Jul 2027 - Jan 2035
- Era 3: Jan 2035 - Jun 2042
- Era 4: Jul 2042 - Jan 2050
- One country (The Netherlands) and it's neighbours:
- The Netherlands as one objective defined: "Determine where to place 20 GW of windpower in the Dutch EEZ"
- Dataset as stipulated on the Data sources page. See the Digitwin Noordzee edition table.
- Three background simulations:
- Ecopath-with-Ecosim ecosystem simulation, and predefined ecosystem pressures (noise, artificial substrate, surface disturbance, bottom disturbance, fishing efforts and protection from fishing activities) generated from different human activities.
- Shipping simulation, monthly ship traffic entering, leaving or within the Norht Sea region.
- Energy simulation, existing offshore renewable energy areas, electricity cables and landing stations (landfall points) in the different countries. These simulate the curent energy flow of the existing infrastructure.
- Restrictions and errors:
- Warnings when planning different physically-obstructing human activities on the same area, e.g. a wind farm on a shipping lane, or vice versa.
To see the data sources used in this version of the game refer to the Digitwin Noorzee edition table in data sources page.