In this page you can find publications related with the MSP Challenge. We tried to arrange them by main topic and in reverse cronological order to make it easier to consult. They are available via the links.

Topic Title Reference Year
Shipping models A Shipping Simulation Through Pathfinding. SEL Within the MSP Challenge Simulation Platform Groot, P. de, Boode, W., Santos, C., Warmelink, H., & Mayer, I. S. (2019). A Shipping Simulation Through Pathfinding. SEL Within the MSP Challenge Simulation Platform. In Paper presented at Eurosis GameOn conference, 18-20 sept 2019 (pp. 208–215). Breda, the Netherlands: EUROSIS, Breda University of Applied Sciences. 2019
Ecosystem models Combining ecosystem modeling with serious gaming in support of transboundary maritime spatial planning Steenbeek, J., G. Romagnoni, J. W. Bentley, J. J. Heymans, N. Serpetti, M. Gonçalves, C. Santos, H. Warmelink, I. Mayer, X. Keijser, R. Fairgrieve, and L. Abspoel. 2020. Combining ecosystem modeling with serious gaming in support of transboundary maritime spatial planning. Ecology and Society 25(2):21. 2020
Foodweb modeling in the Maritime Spatial Planning Challenge Simulation Platform: Results from the Baltic Sea Region. Goncalves, M., Steenbeek, J., Tomczak, M., Romagnoni, G., Puntilla, R., Karvinen, V., … Mayer, I. S. (2019). Foodweb modeling in the Maritime Spatial Planning Challenge Simulation Platform: Results from the Baltic Sea Region. In Paper presented at Isaga 2019, August 26 - 30. Warschau, Poland: Isaga. 2019
Energy model An Offshore Energy Simulation Through Flow Network: CEL within the MSP Challenge 2050 Simulation Game Platform. Hutchinson, K., Warmelink, H., Boode, W., Santos, C., & Mayer, I. S. (2018). An Offshore Energy Simulation Through Flow Network: CEL within the MSP Challenge 2050 Simulation Game Platform. In D. Claeys & V. Limiere (Eds.), The 2018 European Simulation and Modelling Conference Modelling and Simulation’2018 (p. 157). Ghent, Belgium. 2018
Serious games and MSP A Digital Game-Based Simulation Platform for Integrated Marine Spatial Planning: Design Challenges and Technical Innovations Santos, C.P., Warmelink, H., Boode, W., de Groot, P., Hutchinson, K.,Gonçalves, M., Steenbeek, J., & Mayer, I. S. (2020). A Digital Game-Based Simulation Platform for Integrated Marine Spatial Planning: Design Challenges and Technical Innovations. The Journal of Ocean Technology, 15(2), 78-100. 2020
Communicating Maritime Spatial Planning: The MSP Challenge approach. Abspoel, L., Mayer, I. S., Keijser, X., Warmelink, H., Fairgrieve, R., Ripken, M., … Kidd, S. (2019). Communicating Maritime Spatial Planning: The MSP Challenge approach. Marine Policy. 2019
Serious Games as Planning Support Systems: Learning from Playing Maritime Spatial Planning Challenge 2050. Jean, S., Gilbert, L., Medema, W., Keijser, X., Mayer, I. S., Inam, A., & Adamowski, J. (2018). Serious Games as Planning Support Systems: Learning from Playing Maritime Spatial Planning Challenge 2050. Water, 10(12), 1786. 2018
Stakeholder Engagement in Maritime Spatial Planning: The Efficacy of a Serious Game Approach. Keijser, X., Ripken, M., Mayer, I. S., Warmelink, H., Abspoel, L., Fairgrieve, R., & Paris, C. (2018). Stakeholder Engagement in Maritime Spatial Planning: The Efficacy of a Serious Game Approach. Water, 10(6), 724. 2018
Maritime Spatial Planning – A Board Game for Stakeholder Involvement. Keijser, X., Ripken, M., Warmelink, H., Abspoel, L., Fairgrieve, R., & Mayer, I. S. (2018). Maritime Spatial Planning – A Board Game for Stakeholder Involvement. In H. Lukosch, G. Bekebrede, & R. Kortmann (Eds.), Simulation Gaming. Applications for Sustainable Cities and Smart Infrastructures. ISAGA 2017. (pp. 58–66). Delft, The Netherlands: Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol 10825. Springer. 2018
Gaming the Future of the Ocean: The Marine Spatial Planning Challenge 2050 Mayer, I. S., Zhou, Q., Keijser, X., & Abspoel, L. (2014). Gaming the Future of the Ocean: The Marine Spatial Planning Challenge 2050. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics) (Vol. 8778, pp. 150–162). 2014
Results of the 2nd Nordic Workshop on Marine Spatial Planning and an up-date for 2014: Use and Management of Nordic Marine Areas: Today and Tomorrow Morf, A., Perus, J., Steingrímsson, S. A., Ekenger, M., Evans, S., Mayer, I. S., & Zhou, Q. (2014). Results of the 2nd Nordic Workshop on Marine Spatial Planning and an up-date for 2014: Use and Management of Nordic Marine Areas: Today and Tomorrow. Reykjavik, Iceland, 12-13 November 2013. Nordic Council of Ministers. 2014
Integrated, Ecosystem-based Marine Spatial Planning: Design and Results of a Game-based Quasi-Experiment Mayer, I. S., Zhou, Q., Lo, J., Abspoel, L., Keijser, X., Olsen, E., … Kannen, A. (2013). Integrated, Ecosystem-based Marine Spatial Planning: Design and Results of a Game-based Quasi-Experiment. Ocean and Coastal Management, 82, 7–26. 2013
Integrated , Ecosystem-based Marine Spatial Planning: First Results from International Simulation-Game Experiment Mayer, I. S., Zhou, Q., Lo, J., Abspoel, L., Keijser, X., Olsen, E., … Kannen, A. (2012). Integrated , Ecosystem-based Marine Spatial Planning: First Results from International Simulation-Game Experiment. In Third International Engineering Systems Symposium CESUN 2012, Delft University of Technology, 18-20 June 2012 (pp. 18–20). Delft, The Netherlands: IEEE. 2012
This page was last edited on 22 June 2020, at 07:15. Content is available under GPLv3 unless otherwise noted.