No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
{{FAQ group begin|header=Installation}}{{FAQ row|q=Which should I download: the client or full-platform installer?|a=That depends on what you want. MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. Do you just want to use MSP Challenge on your own? Then you'll need the client and you can just log on to one of our demo servers. Do you want to set up and host an MSP Challenge server that others can connect to, including yourself? Then you'll need the full platform.}}{{FAQ row|q=My computer won't let me run the installer I downloaded. What should I do?|a=Both Windows 10 and macOS have security settings that by default may disallow you from running downloaded software unknown to the operating system. In both cases there's a way to circumvent this and continue anyway. See the [[Download_and_install#Client-only_installation_instructions|installation]] instructions page for details.}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I know if my computer can run MSP Challenge?|a=We have listed system requirements for both the client and the full platform [[Requirements|on this page]]. Do take note of the difference; if you're an end-user who only wants to use MSP Challenge to connect to a server somewhere, then the system requirements are a lot lower.}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Connecting to a Server}}{{FAQ row|q=I don't understand the MSP Challenge client's opening screen. What do I do?|a=MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. You need to log on to a server with that client you just started. So this opening screen is asking you to find and select a server to log onto. You can always [[Connecting_to_a_server|log on to one of our own demo servers]] if you don't know what server you can or should log onto.}}{{FAQ row|q=Ok, I've logged on to a server. Now what do I do?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Viewing Data}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I find more information about a specific bit of geometry I found when I selected a particular layer for viewing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I find more information about what this particular layer is offering on the first place?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What do all the colours mean on the map when I select a particular layer for viewing? Do you have a legend somewhere?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What's the source of all this data I'm seeing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=There's so much data visible on the map, I can't make heads or tails of it anymore. How do I clean up the map?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I saw text and numbers on the map before, e.g. on wind farms. Now they're gone again. How do I get them back?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Drawing up Plans}}{{FAQ row|q=I can't figure out how to draw. What am I missing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I drew up new spatial designations, such as a new wind farm. But after I finished that, they disappeared again. What happened?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan to change or remove something doesn't seem to register. The change is undone, or the thing I removed is still there. What's going on?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I make a plan to change something that already exists, or even remove something?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What realisation date should I select in the Plan Wizard?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I drew up a spatial designation (e.g. marine protected area), but it seems it's not exactly of the right type (e.g. not prohibiting fishing). How do I correct that?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I solve this Error I got in the Plan Details overview after I finished drawing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I want to create a plan that builds upon a previous plan I made, but that previous plan hasn't been implemented yet. Do I need to wait for that?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Setting a realisation date for a plan - why does that matter at all?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I've come to realise that I need to draw in more layers than I originally thought. How can I add the missing layers to my existing plan?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Collaborating and Coordinating}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan already got archived, but I still want to try to get it implemented. What do I do?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What does the Archived state do to a plan?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What does the Consultation state do to a plan?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Why can't I select the Approved state for my plan, but there is this option Approval?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What do these plan states mean: design, consultation, approval, approved, implemented, archived?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I'm done drawing and want to get my plan approved, but the only option I have besides Design is Archived. Why is that?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Simulating & Evaluating}}{{FAQ row|q=When are my plans going to be implemented?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How can I start the clock, as in, start the simulations?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How can I review how things changed once my plans are implemented?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I figure out why the simulations responded the way they did to my plans?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Why aren't I getting any or all of the energy of this wind farm I planned and got implemented?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan got implemented, but I'm not happy with its consequences. How can I undo or change it?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}
{{FAQ group begin|header=Installation}}{{FAQ row|q=Which should I download: the client or full-platform installer?|a=That depends on what you want. MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. Do you just want to use MSP Challenge on your own? Then you'll need the client and you can just log on to one of our demo servers. Do you want to set up and host an MSP Challenge server that others can connect to, including yourself? Then you'll need the full platform.}}{{FAQ row|q=My computer won't let me run the installer I downloaded. What should I do?|a=Both Windows 10 and macOS have security settings that by default may disallow you from running downloaded software unknown to the operating system. In both cases there's a way to circumvent this and continue anyway. See the [[Download_and_install#Client-only_installation_instructions|installation]] instructions page for details.}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I know if my computer can run MSP Challenge?|a=We have listed system requirements for both the client and the full platform [[Requirements|on this page]]. Do take note of the difference; if you're an end-user who only wants to use MSP Challenge to connect to a server somewhere, then the system requirements are a lot lower.}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Settings & Connecting}}{{FAQ row|q=I don't understand the MSP Challenge client's opening screen. What do I do?|a=MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. You need to log on to a server with that client you just started. So this opening screen is asking you to find and select a server to log onto. You can always [[Connecting_to_a_server|log on to one of our own demo servers]] if you don't know what server you can or should log onto.}}{{FAQ row|q=The client application is running full-screen, but I want to switch to another window. What do I do?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Ok, now I can't seem to change the client window's size. What's up?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=The client's interface looks quite small - I can hardly read the texts. Can I increase the font size somehow?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=So I've logged on to a server. Now what do I do?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Viewing Data}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I find more information about a specific bit of geometry I found when I selected a particular layer for viewing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I find more information about what this particular layer is offering on the first place?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What do all the colours mean on the map when I select a particular layer for viewing? Do you have a legend somewhere?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What's the source of all this data I'm seeing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=There's so much data visible on the map, I can't make heads or tails of it anymore. How do I clean up the map?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I saw text and numbers on the map before, e.g. on wind farms. Now they're gone again. How do I get them back?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Drawing up Plans}}{{FAQ row|q=I can't figure out how to draw. What am I missing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I drew up new spatial designations, such as a new wind farm. But after I finished that, they disappeared again. What happened?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan to change or remove something doesn't seem to register. The change is undone, or the thing I removed is still there. What's going on?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I make a plan to change something that already exists, or even remove something?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What realisation date should I select in the Plan Wizard?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I drew up a spatial designation (e.g. marine protected area), but it seems it's not exactly of the right type (e.g. not prohibiting fishing). How do I correct that?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I solve this Error I got in the Plan Details overview after I finished drawing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I want to create a plan that builds upon a previous plan I made, but that previous plan hasn't been implemented yet. Do I need to wait for that?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Setting a realisation date for a plan - why does that matter at all?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I've come to realise that I need to draw in more layers than I originally thought. How can I add the missing layers to my existing plan?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Collaborating & Approving}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan already got archived, but I still want to try to get it implemented. What do I do?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What does the Archived state do to a plan?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What does the Consultation state do to a plan?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Why can't I select the Approved state for my plan, but there is this option Approval?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What do these plan states mean: design, consultation, approval, approved, implemented, archived?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I'm done drawing and want to get my plan approved, but the only option I have besides Design is Archived. Why is that?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Simulating & Evaluating}}{{FAQ row|q=When are my plans going to be implemented?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How can I start the clock, as in, start the simulations?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How can I review how things changed once my plans are implemented?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I figure out why the simulations responded the way they did to my plans?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Why aren't I getting any or all of the energy of this wind farm I planned and got implemented?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan got implemented, but I'm not happy with its consequences. How can I undo or change it?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}

Revision as of 22:31, 13 February 2021

Installation
Which should I download: the client or full-platform installer?
That depends on what you want. MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. Do you just want to use MSP Challenge on your own? Then you'll need the client and you can just log on to one of our demo servers. Do you want to set up and host an MSP Challenge server that others can connect to, including yourself? Then you'll need the full platform.
My computer won't let me run the installer I downloaded. What should I do?
Both Windows 10 and macOS have security settings that by default may disallow you from running downloaded software unknown to the operating system. In both cases there's a way to circumvent this and continue anyway. See the installation instructions page for details.
How do I know if my computer can run MSP Challenge?
We have listed system requirements for both the client and the full platform on this page. Do take note of the difference; if you're an end-user who only wants to use MSP Challenge to connect to a server somewhere, then the system requirements are a lot lower.
Client: Settings & Connecting
I don't understand the MSP Challenge client's opening screen. What do I do?
MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. You need to log on to a server with that client you just started. So this opening screen is asking you to find and select a server to log onto. You can always log on to one of our own demo servers if you don't know what server you can or should log onto.
The client application is running full-screen, but I want to switch to another window. What do I do?
Ok, now I can't seem to change the client window's size. What's up?
The client's interface looks quite small - I can hardly read the texts. Can I increase the font size somehow?
So I've logged on to a server. Now what do I do?
Client: Viewing Data
Can I find more information about a specific bit of geometry I found when I selected a particular layer for viewing?
Can I find more information about what this particular layer is offering on the first place?
What do all the colours mean on the map when I select a particular layer for viewing? Do you have a legend somewhere?
What's the source of all this data I'm seeing?
There's so much data visible on the map, I can't make heads or tails of it anymore. How do I clean up the map?
I saw text and numbers on the map before, e.g. on wind farms. Now they're gone again. How do I get them back?
Client: Drawing up Plans
I can't figure out how to draw. What am I missing?
I drew up new spatial designations, such as a new wind farm. But after I finished that, they disappeared again. What happened?
My plan to change or remove something doesn't seem to register. The change is undone, or the thing I removed is still there. What's going on?
Can I make a plan to change something that already exists, or even remove something?
What realisation date should I select in the Plan Wizard?
I drew up a spatial designation (e.g. marine protected area), but it seems it's not exactly of the right type (e.g. not prohibiting fishing). How do I correct that?
How do I solve this Error I got in the Plan Details overview after I finished drawing?
I want to create a plan that builds upon a previous plan I made, but that previous plan hasn't been implemented yet. Do I need to wait for that?
Setting a realisation date for a plan - why does that matter at all?
I've come to realise that I need to draw in more layers than I originally thought. How can I add the missing layers to my existing plan?
Client: Collaborating & Approving
My plan already got archived, but I still want to try to get it implemented. What do I do?
What does the Archived state do to a plan?
What does the Consultation state do to a plan?
Why can't I select the Approved state for my plan, but there is this option Approval?
What do these plan states mean: design, consultation, approval, approved, implemented, archived?
I'm done drawing and want to get my plan approved, but the only option I have besides Design is Archived. Why is that?
Client: Simulating & Evaluating
When are my plans going to be implemented?
How can I start the clock, as in, start the simulations?
How can I review how things changed once my plans are implemented?
How do I figure out why the simulations responded the way they did to my plans?
Why aren't I getting any or all of the energy of this wind farm I planned and got implemented?
My plan got implemented, but I'm not happy with its consequences. How can I undo or change it?
This page was last edited on 13 February 2021, at 22:31. Content is available under GPLv3 unless otherwise noted.