No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
{{FAQ group begin|header=Installation}}{{FAQ row|q=Which should I download: the client or full-platform installer?|a=That depends on what you want. MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. Do you just want to use MSP Challenge on your own? Then you'll need the client and you can just log on to one of our demo servers. Do you want to set up and host an MSP Challenge server that others can connect to, including yourself? Then you'll need the full platform.}}{{FAQ row|q=My computer won't let me run the installer I downloaded. What should I do?|a=Both Windows 10 and macOS have security settings that by default may disallow you from running downloaded software unknown to the operating system. In both cases there's a way to circumvent this and continue anyway. See the [[Download_and_install#Client-only_installation_instructions|installation]] instructions page for details.}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I know if my computer can run MSP Challenge?|a=We have listed system requirements for both the client and the full platform [[Requirements|on this page]]. Do take note of the difference; if you're an end-user who only wants to use MSP Challenge to connect to a server somewhere, then the system requirements are a lot lower.}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Connecting to a Server}}{{FAQ row|q=I don't understand the MSP Challenge client's opening screen. What do I do?|a=MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. You need to log on to a server with that client you just started. So this opening screen is asking you to find and select a server to log onto. You can always [[Connecting_to_a_server|log on to one of our own demo servers]] if you don't know what server you can or should log onto.}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Viewing Data}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Drawing up Plans}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group end|header=Client: Collaborating and Coordinating}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}
{{FAQ group begin|header=Installation}}{{FAQ row|q=Which should I download: the client or full-platform installer?|a=That depends on what you want. MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. Do you just want to use MSP Challenge on your own? Then you'll need the client and you can just log on to one of our demo servers. Do you want to set up and host an MSP Challenge server that others can connect to, including yourself? Then you'll need the full platform.}}{{FAQ row|q=My computer won't let me run the installer I downloaded. What should I do?|a=Both Windows 10 and macOS have security settings that by default may disallow you from running downloaded software unknown to the operating system. In both cases there's a way to circumvent this and continue anyway. See the [[Download_and_install#Client-only_installation_instructions|installation]] instructions page for details.}}{{FAQ row|q=How do I know if my computer can run MSP Challenge?|a=We have listed system requirements for both the client and the full platform [[Requirements|on this page]]. Do take note of the difference; if you're an end-user who only wants to use MSP Challenge to connect to a server somewhere, then the system requirements are a lot lower.}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Connecting to a Server}}{{FAQ row|q=I don't understand the MSP Challenge client's opening screen. What do I do?|a=MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. You need to log on to a server with that client you just started. So this opening screen is asking you to find and select a server to log onto. You can always [[Connecting_to_a_server|log on to one of our own demo servers]] if you don't know what server you can or should log onto.}}{{FAQ row|q=Ok, I've logged on to a server. Now what do I do?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Viewing Data}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Drawing up Plans}}{{FAQ row|q=I can't figure out how to draw. What am I missing?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I drew up new spatial designations, such as a new wind farm. But after I finished that, they disappeared again. What happened?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=My plan to change or remove something doesn't seem to register. The change is undone, or the thing I removed is still there. What's going on?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=Can I make a plan to change something that already exists, or even remove something?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=What realisation date should I select in the Plan Wizard?|a=}}{{FAQ row|q=I drew up a spatial designation (e.g. marine protected area), but it seems it's not exactly of the right type (e.g. not prohibiting fishing). How do I correct that?|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Collaborating and Coordinating}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group begin|header=Client: Simulating & Evaluating}}{{FAQ row|q=|a=}}{{FAQ group end}}

Revision as of 22:04, 13 February 2021

Installation
Which should I download: the client or full-platform installer?
That depends on what you want. MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. Do you just want to use MSP Challenge on your own? Then you'll need the client and you can just log on to one of our demo servers. Do you want to set up and host an MSP Challenge server that others can connect to, including yourself? Then you'll need the full platform.
My computer won't let me run the installer I downloaded. What should I do?
Both Windows 10 and macOS have security settings that by default may disallow you from running downloaded software unknown to the operating system. In both cases there's a way to circumvent this and continue anyway. See the installation instructions page for details.
How do I know if my computer can run MSP Challenge?
We have listed system requirements for both the client and the full platform on this page. Do take note of the difference; if you're an end-user who only wants to use MSP Challenge to connect to a server somewhere, then the system requirements are a lot lower.
Client: Connecting to a Server
I don't understand the MSP Challenge client's opening screen. What do I do?
MSP Challenge is a so-called client/server application. You need to log on to a server with that client you just started. So this opening screen is asking you to find and select a server to log onto. You can always log on to one of our own demo servers if you don't know what server you can or should log onto.
Ok, I've logged on to a server. Now what do I do?
Client: Viewing Data
Client: Drawing up Plans
I can't figure out how to draw. What am I missing?
I drew up new spatial designations, such as a new wind farm. But after I finished that, they disappeared again. What happened?
My plan to change or remove something doesn't seem to register. The change is undone, or the thing I removed is still there. What's going on?
Can I make a plan to change something that already exists, or even remove something?
What realisation date should I select in the Plan Wizard?
I drew up a spatial designation (e.g. marine protected area), but it seems it's not exactly of the right type (e.g. not prohibiting fishing). How do I correct that?
Client: Collaborating and Coordinating
Client: Simulating & Evaluating
This page was last edited on 13 February 2021, at 22:04. Content is available under GPLv3 unless otherwise noted.