|(9 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
(embed the two to -be-developed Youtube tutorial videos about 1) connecting to one of our (demo) servers and 2) connecting to a self-hosted server through IP address and session ID)
==Demo server ==
After unpacking and installing the client on your computer, double-click on the executable to open the client and follow these steps:
1. Click on the 'play' button:
2. Click on the 'demo ' tab:
3. Select the version you want to try, clicking on the 'connect" button:
4. Select one team and log-in:
5. Play allong in the simulation platform, if you need some guidance to start from, please check our [[Basic features|tutorials]].<br />
==Connecting to our sessions==
''Video Coming Soon''
==Connect to a self- hosted session==
'Video Coming Soon''
Starting a new self-hosted session==
'Video Coming Soon''
Category| name= InProgress}}
In this page you will learn how to:
- Connect to and use a demo server
- Connect to another online server
About our demo servers
The demo servers are suitable for demonstration purposes only:
- They are accessible to anyone anywhere in the world, so anyone can drop in and do something at any time.
- The background simulations run continuously and cannot be paused, slowed down, or speeded up (you cannot control them at all).
- They reset themselves once they reach the end of the simulation (~8 hours real-time), so anything you do there today will be gone by tomorrow (or sooner).
- They are located in France and the Netherlands, so if you are physically far away, they might be quite slow. This effect increases the more people log on and use the demo servers at the same time.
This is why a demo server is not suitable for full-on sessions. If you'd like your own server, fully under your control and fast in response, then either install one yourself (coming soon) or get in touch with BUas to use one of theirs or get help setting one up yourself.
Connecting to a server
After installing the MSP Challenge client on your computer, you'll find a shortcut to it in your Start menu. Click to start it.